Patty's Spicy Microgreen Avocado Toast Recipe
- 2 slices homemade whole wheat bread, toasted
- 1/2 avocado, smashed
- 1 hard-boiled egg, sliced
- French Breakfast Radishes, sliced
- Microgreens - red cabbage, kale, broccoli
- Sprinkle of salt, pepper, garlic powder
Putting it Together
- Spread avocado over 2 slices of toast.
- Layer egg slices over avocado.
- Add a layer of radishes.
- Add a generous topping of fresh microgreens.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste.
- This makes a delicious meal any time of the day.
What can you do with microgreens?
Microgreens can be added to so many foods. They're extremely flavorful and delicious on their own. They also add color and taste as a garnish. Use them in place of lettuce for sandwiches and salads. Even use them in smoothies to increase your daily dose of vitamins.
How do you prepare microgreens to eat?
Microgreens don't require any special preparation. Just cut them off with scissors when they are tall enough and bright-colored. Rinse in cool water if needed to remove soil.
Can microgreens be eaten raw?
Absolutely! Microgreens are excellent when eaten fresh and raw.